And now the latest from Racked, covering retail from the sidewalks up.
1) Chinatown: Another police raid on Canal Street, but this time the target is a perfumer. They'll make this street safe for luxury development yet!
2) Union Square: Ex-con Steve Madden finds religion on Broadway.
3) Soho A Spring Street storefront has gone from (reputed) mob front to luxury brand retailer. New York City in the aughts, folks.
4) Chelsea: Juno may have brought back the hamburger phone, but Diesel is popularizing the hamburger wall. Tasty!
5) Cobble Hill: Rumored Trader Joe's opening date: September 28!
· Racked [racked.com]