This week's top dish from Eater, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
1) Soho: In case you missed the news, this was the week Steve Hanson closed Fiamma (above), signaling troubling times ahead for three-star restaurants with big operating costs.
2) Soho: One by-product of these lean times that some Keith McNally fans will be happy about: Balthazar dropped the bathroom attendants.
3) East Village: Southern-style kitsch-filled neighborhood standby Old Devil Moon closed after 15 years of business. We are too upset to comment further.
4) East Village: The Downtown restaurant crime spree continued with an attempted robbery at Black Iron Burger Shop.
5) Recessionville: Some restaurateurs don't really care about layoffs or widespread financial fraud or bailouts or global economic crisis. Let's party, St. Bart's style!
· Eater [eater.com]