This week's top dish from Eater, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
1) West Village: It's time for the occasional Chumley's spot check. So, how's the rebuilding effort at the beloved old speakeasy going? Uh, not so well.
2) Nolita: Speaking of neighborhood institution, Crosby Connection?the sandwiches that make life worth living?has nabbed its third tenuous location in the past year. We're frightened, but relieved.
3) Chelsea: Sullivan Street Bakery mastermind Jim Lahey's new pizza place, Co., has launched to a burst of praise, celebrichef sightings, long lines, supply shortages, and snippy customers.
4) The Bowery: Daniel Boulud's casual Bowery brasserie?which, we'd like to remind you, at one point had the working title DBGB?currently has construction workers walking in and out. Progress!
5) East Village: Battle-scarred survivor of the EV bar/noise wars, E.U., has cut its hours and dropped lunch service. In the end, the irate locals always win, don't they?
· Eater [eater.com]