Ever since its little price-dropping striptease this summer, we've been keeping an eye on FLAnk's 441 East 57th Street, the ultra-modern scourge of Sutton to some neighborhood VIPs. The building is done and StreetEasy shows that one unit has closed -- to a couple with the same last name as FLAnk principal Jon Kully. Another $2.795 million unit is in contract. But all is not rosy on East 57th: the PriceChopper has once again cornered FLAnk's mass of metal-'n'-glass. All four of the building's on-market units got chopped yesterday. Will it happen again? We don't know. The Chopper answers to Tina Brown and only Tina Brown!
1) #PH: 3BR, 3.5BA, a 2,754-square-foot unit now asking $4.995 million; previous asking prices: $7.5 million, $6.76 million.
2) #Unnumbered!: 3BR, 4BA, a 3,375-square-foot unit now asking $4.695 million; previous asking prices: $6.65 million, $5.995 million, $5.65 million.
3) #4: 2BR, 2BA, a 1,716-square-foot unit now asking $2.095 million; previous asking prices: $3.15 million, $2.75 million, $2.495 million.
4) #3: 2BR, 2BA, a 1,657-square-foot unit now asking $1.995 million; previous asking prices: $2.65 million, $2.395 million.
· 441 East 57th Street [StreetEasy]
· All 441 East 57th Street coverage [Curbed]