clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

On the Market: Cure for Condos in Long Island City

New, 6 comments

Page through listings in Long Island City and 99% of them will be for new or newish condos built to attract boom-time buyers seeking Manhattan-style bells and whistles. The other 1% is where you find some fun stuff, like 21-17 45th Avenue, a four-story-plus-basement townhouse new to the LIC market and asking a fair-sounding $1.5 million. The house is located in the Hunters Point Historic District on Time Out New York's #4 Best Block of October 2006, as the listing helpfully points out. It has nearly 3,000 square feet of space, not including that 20' x 60' backyard. And how about the snazzy fireplace? Makes us overlook the curious choice of television placement. The house was on the market for $2.2 million back in 2007, but it doesn't look like it sold. Better chance this time around?
· Listing: 21-17 45th Avenue [Elliman]