Singer John Legend went into contract at spiky Scarano-on-the-Bowery back in August, and now the Wall Street Journal reports that Legend got a pretty good deal on his one-bedroom. He's paying $1.9 million for a 1,300-square-foot pad originally listed for $2.3 million. So the celebrity discount at 52 East 4th Street runs about 17 percent. Or maybe Legend's just been reading his quarterly market reports?
Other Scarano-on-the-Bowery buyers have gotten discounts, but none so large as Legend's. Among recent closings, there were a few discounts and some sales at ask or close to asking price:
1) #PH2: Closed in November for $2.45 million, a 12.3 percent discount from the list price of $2.795 million.
2) #10: Closed November for $2.13 million, a 7.4 percent discount from the list price of $2.3 million.
3) #8: Closed in October for $2 million, down 8.1 percent from the $2.175 million asking price.
4) #4N: Closed in September at its asking price of $1.095 million.
5) #PH1: Closed in August for $2.548 million, slightly below its asking price of $2.695 million.
6) #7: Closed in August at its list price of $2.095 million.
The average per square foot price for recorded sales so far? $1,702.
· Christian Lacroix Sells Private Apartment [WSJ]
· 52 East 4th Street in East Village [StreetEasy]
· 52 East 4th Street coverage [Curbed]