Ever since Williamsburg's Edge announced its first-ever price cuts last month, we've been on tenterhooks waiting to find out exactly how far below $900/square foot the chopped south tower would go. Thanks to a StreetEasy poster who dug through the Edge website and compared the new prices to the old StreetEasy listings, we now have some idea. It looks like the cuts go as high as 14 percent, for a 1BR unit that's now asking $585,000 instead of $680,000. That works out to $707/square foot. What about the rest?
Courtesy of the StreetEasy poster, here's some of the other Edge carnage:
1) #5I: was asking $959K, now asking $890K, or $649/foot, a 7 percent chop.
2) #8E: was asking $975K, now asking $890K, or $900/foot, a 9 percent drop
3) #3E: was asking $955K, now asking $890K, or $954/foot, a 7 percent drop
4) #5P: was asking $710K, now asking $650K, or $740/foot, an 8 percent drop
5) #6G: was asking $680K, now asking $585K, or $707/foot, a 14 percent drop
6) #8F: was asking $670K, now asking $625K, or $926/foot, a 7 percent drop
7) #4M: was asking $530K, now asking $465K, or $659/foot, a 12 percent drop
· The Edge at 34 North 7th Street [StreetEasy]
· Williamsburg's Edge Cuts Prices for First Time Ever [Curbed]