And now, the latest from Racked NY, covering shopping and retail from the sidewalks up.
1) West Village: Is Bleecker Street's love affair with the ever-expanding Marc Jacobs empire over? Did it ever exist? Either way, check out this letter posted in a building lobby urging people to complain if they've had "community problems" with the Jacobs stores.
2) Upper West Side: The first signs of Fashion Week's Lincoln Center invasion are starting to show. Will neighbors wish the fashionista fest stayed in Bryant Park?
3) Dumbo: First the neighborhood gets a traffic light, and now a store opens up catering exclusively to man caves. What's going on down under the overpass?!
4) Upper West Side: Rag & Bone is making a habit of opening in stores in beloved former neighborhood restaurants. First it was Nolita's Cafe Colonial, and now the brand has taken over Columbus Avenue's Peter's, described as a "Cheers-like place.".
· Racked NY [ny.racked.com]