After eyeing the apartments from a distance, we traveled to the lobby of One Hanson Place yesterday to see the remaining six penthouses go up for auction. Once "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga had finished and all the bidders were seated, the show got underway. The first slew of bids were the highest, and excitingly, the reserve was lifted for 26A, the priciest unit up for auction, after the first few bids were made.The winning number was $2.55 million for the apartment that was once asking $5.875 million. That's $3,325,000 off the original asking price.
The rest of the penthouses sold for between $1.325 million and $1.7 million, all of them discounted well over 50 percent off the original asks. The winning bids were also just between $150,000 and $550,000 above the minimum bids for their respective units, which started at $1M for the 2 BRs, $1.5M for the 4BRs and $2M for unit 26A.
Here are all the winning bids on the penthouses. They all had a 10 percent bidder's premium added to the winning bid:
1) 26A: This 4 BR/3.5BA with 3,263 square foot interior and a 2,909 sq ft terrace was originally asking $5,875,000 and sold for $2,550,000.
2) 31A: This 4 BR/3.5 BA with 3,243 square foot interior was originally asking $4,975,000 and sold for $1,700,000.
3) 30A: This 4 BR/3.5 BA with 3,243 square foot interior was originally asking $4,875,000 and sold for $1,650,000. The unit had a reserve, so the sale isn't confirmed.
4) 29A: This 4 BR/3.5 BA unit with 3,243 square foot interior was originally asking $4,775,000 and sold for $1,700,000. This unit initially had a reserve, but it was dropped midway through bidding.
5.) 27A: This 3 BR/ 2.5 BA unit with 2,848 square foot interior was originally asking $4,150,000 and sold for $1,325,000. This unit also had a reserve.
6.) PHA: this 2 BR/ 2.5BA unit with 2,120 square feet indoors and 1,948 square feet of outdoor space was asking $3,750,000 and sold for $1,325,000.
So these buyers got anywhere between $2,425,000 and $3,325,000 off the initial asking price. They seemed pretty pleased with their winning bids, especially the four that were confident that there was no reserve. These all sound like major discounts, but the penthouses had pretty ambitious pricing, especially after taking market and location into account. Nonetheless, we can agree that those views are going to be killer. We also think there's more than a few people envious of those terraces.
· Official Site: One Hanson Place Auction [PRUSA]
· One Hanson Place Penthouses Will Cost at Least $1M at Auction [Curbed]