Despite the fact that the building featured in this week's Cornerspotter no longer exists, it didn't take long for it to be revealed as the old Town Hall in Jamaica, Queens. It was constructed in 1870 on the corner of Jamaica Avenue and Parsons Boulevard, and it served as the county seat of Queens until the borough became a part of New York City in 1898. It then became a municipal courthouse. The photo shown was taken by Bernice Abbott in 1937, four years before the building was demolished in 1941. Today, a McDonald's occupies the same corner.
· Hint: Once a Civic Center, Now a Fast Food Restaurant [Curbed]
· Jamaica Town Hall [MCNY]