The latest from Curbed Miami, our outpost in the "Sixth Borough"...
1) Brickell: Pharrell Williams has listed his Brickell Avenue penthouse for $16.8 million, which is 4 mill more than he bought it for at the height of the last boom. Either he's overly optimistic about the place's market power, or prices really have returned to pre-recession levels.
2) Star Island: Lisa Hochstein, an upstart on the Real Housewives of Miami, is planning a large, rather ostentatious house on Miami Beach's Star Island. The only problem is there's an historic Mediterranean Revival house in the way, and preservationists are fuming.
3) Sunny Isles Beach: We never thought we'd see the day when celebrated High Architects with a capital A would be designing condos in oh-so ostentatious Sunny Isles for Russian oligarchs, but here we are. Starchitects Herzog & de Meuron's third Miami building will be a condo tower called Jade 4.
4) South Beach: Speaking of starchitects, the two firms in the lead for the massive Miami Beach Convention Center commission are Bjarke Ingels and his firm, and Rem Koolhaas. Bjarke is doing two other Miami area projects at the moment, and Rem is doing one. Like cocaine in the eighties, this city seems to be addicted to fancy architecture.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]