The latest from Curbed Miami, our outpost in the "Sixth Borough"...
1) Downtown: Adding to the growing list of starchitect-designed projects in Miami, Zaha Hadid is designing her first skyscraper in the western hemisphere on Biscayne Boulevard, across the street from the new Museum Park. Details are scarce, but the design will apparently be released early next year.
2) Sunny Isles Beach: We've got the full plans and elevations of yet another starchitect-designed condo tower, called Jade Signature. This time Herzog & de Meuron are building in Sunny Isles Beach. Excuse us for being a bit jaded about fancy architecture.
3) South Beach: Lincoln Road is fast becoming one of the hottest retail streets in the world, with prices per square foot rivaling Manhattan's great shopping areas. That doesn't always guarantee great architecture though. Case in point, Forever 21's new three-level space is an exercise in claustrophobia.
4) Everywhere: Well, the Kardashians have packed up and shipped outa' town, but we'll still have them on TV. 'Kourtney and Kim Take Miami' premiers in January, and Kim might still be house shopping here too. No word yet on how that's going.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]