This week's top dish from Eater NY, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
1) Financial District: The Pearl Street Diner may be shuttered for good, but it's unclear as to why.
2) Everywhere: Reviewing the best and worst of 2012's restaurants, meals, and surprises.
3) Gowanus: Inside new all-day eatery Runner & Stone, created by two Smorgasburg vets.
4) Williamsburg: Motorino's new pizza oven was delivered by crane.
5) Jones Beach: Hurricane Sandy officially kills plans for Donald Trump's Long Island megaproject 'Trump on the Ocean.'
· Eater NY [ny.eater]