clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Decoded: The Most 'Elegant' of Apartment Listings

Welcome back to The Brokerbabble Glossary, where we take a word or a turn of phrase that seems to show up in an unreasonable number of listings and decipher its true meaning. If you have any ideas for us, send them to the tipline. Today's word: Elegant.

It gives us no pleasure to tell all these apartments that they're not really elegant, but somebody has to do it. Actually, nobody has to do it, but we're going to anyway. Hey, apartment with the "elegant crown molding," that molding isn't elegant—it's just normal molding. Also, the Derek Jeter Boulevard street sign and the longboard aren't helping. Also, why are there three chairs set up around a mantle with a single book on it? Are three people supposed to read that book at once? We may have gotten off track a bit there, but, in summary, the molding in this weird room is not elegant. Okay, never mind, that gave us a little pleasure.

Honestly, we are not entirely sure what this means. We're not even sure if we chose the right picture. Whatever it means, though, it sounds great! We'll take two!

Elegance is floor-to-ceiling windows. Casual elegance is floor-to-ceiling windows and a Spiderman comforter.

You have to be really confident in your apartment's elegance to buy this bed. Or really into handcuffing people to beds.
· The Brokerbabble Glossary [Curbed NY]
· The Brokerbabble Glossary [Curbed National]