This week's top dish from Eater NY, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
1) Midtown East: Please, join the hilarious Joshua David Stein as he attempts to uncover the secrets of Murray's cheese cave. It's part of a new video series where he kneels at the feet of culinary industry masters and tries, failing spectacularly, to learn their craft.
2) All Over: Mayor Bloomberg says to only eat in restaurants that earn an A grade in their health inspections.
3) Lower East Side: High rents kill off yet another institution. The area's last full-service kosher restaurant, Noah's Ark Deli, couldn't keep up with $5,000/month payments. Relatedly (not really), there's a knish shortage, and the intense, hyper-local fight between the neighborhood's community board and one NIMBY group continues to escalate.
4) Bushwick: Roberta's is coming out with a cookbook.
5) FiDi/Battery Park City: Brookfield Place (formerly the World Financial Center) will include a massive Eataly-esque market and food court that now has a name: Le District.
· Eater NY [ny.eater.com]