The latest from Curbed Miami, our outpost in the "Sixth Borough"...
1) Design District: The redevelopment of the Miami Design District continues with three new projects by three international architectural firms: a "glass waterfall" retail building by Sou Fujimoto, a garage by iwamotoScott, and a hotel tower by Carlos Ferrator.
2) Watson Island: Our three part series on Resorts World Bimini and its impact on Miami commences with part one, a seaplane trip to the island.
3) Coral Gables: The University of Miami's new Student Activities Center for fall semester, and boy is it snazzy, and white, and glassy, and tropical. Perfect for 'Suntan U'.
4) Mid Beach: Piggybacking on the 'high design budget hotel' craze is Marriott's new AC Hotel, to begin construction on 29th street and Collins Avenue. We've got renderings, this way.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]