Welcome back to The Six Digit Club, in which we take a look at a newish-to-market listing priced under $1 million, because nice things sometimes come in small packages. Send nominations to the tipline.
"Why would you post photos of a place in this condition?" wonders the tipster who sent us this listing for an $899,000 2BR/1.5BA co-op on West 72nd Street. "It looks like the aftermath of a fire." Those are both good points, but they also neglect to take into account all of the apartment's positive attributes. For instance:
· It can easily double as a post-apocalyptic zombie movie set
· You don't have to feel that bad about cooking meth there
· Lighting never strikes twice, and maybe the same is true of apartment fires
· Seems to have all of its walls
Then, of course, there's the actual benefit of it being a relatively spacious 2BR with prewar bones on the Upper West Side for under $1 million, so depending on how much the eventual owner puts into the renovation, it could be a pretty good deal.
· Listing: 310 W 72nd St [Trulia]
· The Six Digit Club archives [Curbed]