The latest from Curbed Miami, our outpost in the "Sixth Borough"...
1) Design District: We're holding a competition to name this new building designed by starchitect Enrique Norten going up in Miami's Design District. Out of the many names submitted, 25 are going head to head, with the top five submitted to the developer, who has agreed to pick one to bestow upon his building. Vote away!
2) Brickell: Miami's getting a second SLS Hotel, this time amongst the skyscrapers in Brickell. It'll be designed by Arquitectonica and, yet again, Philippe Starck. Renderings, so far, leave much to be desired.
3) Upper East Side: Is this Belle Meade's most incredible house to hit the market? The seahorse riding mermaids, circus tent patio awning, and retro seaside vibe certainly put it in the running. Talk about staging!
4) South Beach: Miami Beach is getting yet another psychedelic Walgreens drug store, this time inspired by the fantastical art deco creations of its immediate surroundings, but taking a surrealist alice-in-wonderland twist. It just broke ground. We don't know if the designers were on anything when they designed it, but if they were... can we have some?
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]