The latest from Curbed Miami, our outpost in the "Sixth Borough"...
1) Downtown: Sure, that controversial megacasino that Downtown Miami was supposed to get is on hold for a while, but in the meantime the developers are going forward with a scaled down plan that promises to be much more popular with everyone involved.
2) South Beach: Yes, oh yes, Miami finally won that most coveted of honors. We are now the #7th trashiest spring break destination.
3) Collins Waterfront: A penthouse in the upcoming starchitect-studded Faena District project has gone on the market for the absolutely bonkers price of $50 million. Are 10,000 square feet of exterior space and a private elevator that opens onto the roof worth it?
4) Coconut Grove: Long shuttered, there's finally a plan to restore the historic Coconut Grove Playhouse, add a blackbox theater, and enlarge the stage house, and it might actually happen.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]