clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Decoded: What's 'Oozing' in New York City Apartments?

New, 2 comments

Welcome back to The Brokerbabble Glossary, where we take a word or a turn of phrase that seems to show up in an unreasonable number of listings and decipher its true meaning. If you have any ideas for us, send them to the tipline. Today's word: Oozing.

The word "ooze" generally does not carry with it pleasant connotations. Slime oozes. Leaky pipes ooze. Things that are, for the most part, gross ooze, and the grossest part about oozing is that you're not sure precisely where it's coming from. So, in the sense that this "luxury extra" ... whatever that is in the above photo seems to have just snuck up into the frame there, sure, "oozing" works.

"Oozes" might be the wrong word here, but then again, so might "prewar" and "charm."

From whence, exactly, is this supposed prewar charm oozing? Perhaps from between the cracks in the brand new appliances, details, and furnishings that the apartment is covered in?

Sure it does.
· The Brokerbabble Glossary archives [Curbed NY]
· The Brokerbabble Glossary archives [Curbed National]

BellTel Lofts

365 Bridge Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201