And now, the latest from Racked NY, shopping and retail from the sidewalks up?
1) Meatpacking District: Designer shops in the ever-trendy MePa are swapping out their summer window displays for fall fashions. See the looks of Alexander McQueen, Diane von Furstenberg, and more.
2) Noho: Philip Lim is opening a shop on Great Jones Street, and the designer reportedly fought a number of other retailers for the space.
3) West Village: The Racked editors were the first customers of Marc Jacobs' new beauty store on Bleecker Street. Along with cosmetics, the store sells sunglass and makeup bags, and will soon carry handbags.
4) Upper East Side: Speaking of Marc Jacobs, the designer is planning a Marc by Marc Jacobs flagship store for Fifth Avenue and a Marc Jacobs Collection store for Madison Avenue.
5) Sexytown: The annual Hottest Trainers competition is currently happening. Do yourself a favor and check out the contestants.
· Racked NY [ny.racked]