And now, the latest from Racked NY, shopping and retail from the sidewalks up?
1) West Chelsea: Until it eventually becomes a shipping container-filled shopping mall, Pier 57's myriad interim uses continue to multiply. Opening Ceremony is spearheading an intense Fashion Week pop-up market from September 5th through 12th, so expect a swarm of clothing and food vendors selling from?you guessed it?shipping containers.
2) The 'Burg: Hey cyclists, because it's launching a "Commuter" collection of clothes for people like you, Levi's is hosting a one-night-only bike shop at the Music Hall of Williamsburg tomorrow that will offer tune-ups, minor fixes, a washing station, and other services. RSVP required.
3) Upper West Side: Heads up?if you recently bought pre-cut fruit from the Westside Market on Broadway between 97th and 98th, you might need a hepatitis A vaccine.
4) Chelsea: Restoration Hardware is opening a gallery this fall, because that's clearly a way to sell furniture. The home goods company is trying to establish itself solidly in the art world, because it bought the first edition of the Rain Room, too.
5) Upper East Side: Badgley Mischka's first NYC store debuted yesterday, and it's located in a Pucci family-owned three-story townhouse on East 64th Street... because of the "nooks and crannies," the designer's reps say. Apparently, "the space has a residential feel, with reclaimed barn wood floors and a garden 'that's not pretty yet but it has potential.'" Enticing?
· Racked NY [ny.racked.com]