This week's top dish from Eater NY, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
1) Everywhere: White truffle season is officially here, and Eater NY is on it.
2) Lower East Side: This place is seeing some serious action. Veteran Mexican restaurant El Sombrero is closing after 30 years to make way for Artichoke Pizza, and Russ & Daughters is opening a sit-down eatery a stone's throw from the long-time smoked fish shop. Intense neighborhood activists also went undercover to expose a restaurant/bar's allegedly illegal practices and provoked a long-serving member off the community board to quit.
3) Soho: Speaking of community boards, CB2 dealt Michael White yet another setback in his quest to expand Osteria Morini to the storefront next door. Vote: 25-10 against. Ouch.
4) Queens: Summer may be over, but the Rockaways still have a dining scene. Yes, really!
5) Flatiron District: Even Ferran Adrià has to wait in line at Shake Shack. That is all.
· Eater NY [ny.eater]