The latest from Curbed Miami, our outpost in the "Sixth Borough"...
1) Star Island/Jupiter: In the real estate life of Rosie O'Donnell there's good news and there's bad news. Good: her Star Island house/Ganja Church sold for $4 million more than everyone thought. Bad: She walked away from a deal to buy Olivia Newton-John's old teardown in Jupiter because that place was just as bizarre.
2) Virginia Key: Blogging about one island for a whole year may be easy when that island is, say, Manhattan, but to devote a year to Virginia Key, one of Miami's barrier islands, is a major accomplishment. But one intrepid writer did it. This way.
3) Doral: Donald Trump's latest Miami-area adventure, the Trump National Doral—the famed mega golf resort he's gut renovating for $250 million to, as he says, "give back to golf"—has been stripped to the rafters, with only a tiny portion still open to hotel guests. We stopped by for a quick look-see. (The valet starts charging after the first 15 minutes)
4) Mid-Beach: The Baz Lehrmann has joined the creative team at Faena District Miami Beach, that five block megaproject with a star studded list of designers. The actual project the filmmaker will be working on is, however, still a total mystery.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]