Actor/director Spike Lee might be better known for his Brooklyn antics, but he also owns a townhouse on East 63rd Street. He bought the 8,292-square-foot home at No. 153 from Jasper Johns (yes, that one) in 1998 for $16.6 million, and word spread in November that he was selling the handsome 5BR/5BA for a nice PriceUpper of $32 million. The house is now officially on the market, meaning there are interior photos so we know what's behind that stately neo-Renaissance facade as well as other details and, of course, some trumpeting brokerbabble. "[A]n architectural tour de force with a noteworthy provenance" (the place's history is seriously celeb-studded), the townhome is 32 feet wide with cathedral ceilings in two rooms, a library, a pretty interior courtyard, and staff quarters. Also: "Many original features remain including 3 fireplaces with superb mantles, hardwood floors and a charming fenestrated breezeway that connects the north and south wings of the house."
· Listing: 153 East 63rd Street [Sothebys via StreetEasy]
· Spike Lee Wants $32M For UES Home With Celeb-Studded Past [Curbed]
· From Gypsy Rose Lee to Spike Lee [Daytonian in Manhattan]
· All Spike Lee coverage [Curbed]
· Celebrity Real Estate archive [Curbed]