The most recent in the long line of religious buildings converted to residential use? St. Mary's Catholic Church on Maujer Street in Williamsburg, which is now 40 rental apartments. The first listings just hit the market (h/t BuzzBuzzHome), and boy are they bad. Mostly, the units were photographed mid-construction. But even so, it's easy to see that no bits and bobs of the moderately attractive church remain. Instead, we've got bathrooms lit in neon green, standard-issue kitchens, and petite bedrooms. Or what the brokerbabble enthusiastically calls a "very trendy, contemporary, and brand new building located just around the block from the L. There's laundry in the building, and a lounge." Oh, and there's a completely bare, totally unfinished rooftop deck. (Though it does have some nice views of Manhattan.) Rents start at $2,600 for a one-bedroom, one-bath and go up to $5,195 for a four-bedroom with two bathrooms.
· Listings: 74 Maujer Street [StreetEasy]
· Williamsburg church-to-rentals conversion at 81 Ten Eyck opens leasing [BBH]
· One of Billyburg's Church Conversions Looks Like It Won't Suck [Curbed]
· Williamsburg Church-to-Residential Conversion Underway [Curbed]
· All 81 Ten Van Eyck Street/74 Maujer Street coverage [Curbed]