Lena Dunham's new book must be selling really well. First reported by the Daily Mail, the tattooed Girls creator shelled out $4,887,600 for a four-bedroom apartment in a brand-new Brooklyn Heights building earlier this year. Dunham bought in 30 Henry Street, a.k.a. the Brooklyn Daily Eagle's former offices, which were razed to make way for the five-unit condo building called The Heights.
She purchased the place behind the veil of a trust and is apparently living there with boyfriend and FUN frontman Jack Antonoff; meanwhile, the last Brooklyn Heights property she picked up cost a mere $500,000. It was a 1BR a few blocks southwest on Hicks Street, which she still owns, according to public record. Her new digs cost a whopping nine times more than that. Want to be Dunham's neighbor? Tough luck, because all five apartments are sold out.
· Listing: 30 Henry Street #4 [StreetEasy]
· Lena Dunham swaps modest $500,000 apartment for a $4.8 million condo [Daily Mail]
· Girls Creator Lena Dunham Buys in Brooklyn Heights [Curbed]
· All Lena Dunham coverage [Curbed]
· All 30 Henry Street coverage [Curbed]