This penthouse at 459 West Broadway isn't really living up to its nickname. Billionaire Leonard Stern is the ownerhe of the eponymous NYU business school who is also behind the Tribeca Grand and Soho Grand hotels, and a former Village Voice ownerand he paid $14.25 million for it back in 2010. Back in the day, brokerbabble described it as "the ultimate Soho penthouse," and the descriptor has stuck. Anyway, Stern tried to offload the 4,315-square-foot 4BR/4.5BA last year for a whopping $17.25 million, but no buyer took the bait. Enter a broker switch and a PriceChop to $14,900,000, plus some new photos, and voila. The place, incidentally, is rather winterized; there are heated bathroom floors, two wood-burning fireplaces, and an rooftop with a grill, a pool, an outdoor kitchen, and a solarium-type lounge that can be glassed in (or not) depending on the weather. The marble in the bathroom is also a medium level of bonkers.
· Listing: 459 West Broadway #6S [Warburg via StreetEasy]
· Billionaire Leonard Stern Buys 'Ultimate Soho Penthouse' [Curbed]
· 'Ultimate Soho Penthouse' Returns, Seeking $17.25 Million [Curbed]
· All 459 West Broadway coverage [Curbed]
· PriceChopper archive [Curbed]