Sauron it is not, but The Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson at least has a handle on Tribeca real estate. He bought neighboring penthouse duplexes at 155 Franklin Street in 2008, never combined them, and re-listed them last year. After no buyer took the bait at the initial ask of $21.5M or at the PriceChopped ask of $19.95 million, he listed the apartments separately in December. But lo and behold, someone wanted the whole shebang, and Luxury Listings NYC reports that the entire spread is in contract. That means 8,309 square feet inside plus another 6,000 square feet of outdoor space. The deal hasn't yet hit public records, when we might be able to see who the exposed-brick combo's new overlord is.
· One sale to rule them all: Peter Jackson in contract to sell combo manse [LLNYC]
· Listing: 155 Franklin Street #PH6S [Corcoran]
· 155 Franklin Street #PH6N [Corcoran]
· Director Peter Jackson Divides Tribeca Penthouse Listing [Curbed]
· Director Peter Jackson Lists Un-Combined Tribeca Penthouse [Curbed]
· All Peter Jackson coverage [Curbed]