It's been a big few days for megaproject Manhattan West, which will plop a $4.5 billion office-hotel-retail-residential complex atop a platform atop the tracks leading out of Penn Station. Today the City Planning Commission approved developer Brookfield Office Properties' plan to double the amount of open spacein the way of plazas and a pedestrian walkway that links the bulk of the project to the old office building Brookfield bought at 450 West 33rd Street, which it will smother in a new glassy facade. Also, New York YIMBY spotted brand-new renders on the project's official website. Check them out above and below for a li'l update. The project broke ground in 2012 and is in the platform-building stage. Granted, that's not as intense a process as it is for Manhattan West's giantess neighbor Hudson Yards.
· Manhattan West [official]
· Expansion of big West Side development gets nod [Crain's]
· New Renderings: Manhattan West [NY YIMBY]
· Manhattan West Will Have Twice As Much Open Space [Curbed]
· All Manhattan West coverage [Curbed NY]