One of the most impressive listings of last yearthe design award-winning $48 million Central Park West penthouse triplex belonging to billionaire activist, philanthropist, and monkey-saver Jon Strykerjust sold for $6M under ask. The Real Deal first spotted the $42M closing in public records; the identity of the buyer is, sadly, shielded behind a trust. 2002 was when Stryker originally snapped up two apartments atop the pretty Prasada for a mere $12.8 million, setting what was then an Upper West Side record for the the most expensive single-occupancy apartment purchase. Then there was a major reno by Shelton, Mindel & Associates, which won acclaim from Architectural Digest and the American Institute of Architects. More than one critical Curbed commenter deemed Stryker's five-bedroom, six-bathroom apartment with 2,500 square feet of outdoor space "stunning." Worth the price tag?
· Listing: 50 Central Park West #PHB [StreetEasy]
· Jon Stryker sells Central Park penthouse for $42M [TRD]
· Billionaire Activist Wants $48M for Award-Winning Penthouse [Curbed]
· Historic Central Park Triplex [Shelton, Mindel & Associates]
· 2010 INSTITUTE HONOR AWARDS FOR INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE RECIPIENT: Historic Central Park West Residence [AIA]
· West Side Record [NYO]