The continuously under-construction Brooklyn Bridge Park is almost ready to open two new sections designed by Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates. Last fall, a greenway on the Pier 2 and 3 uplands finally connected all the pieces of the park, and now the pathway will be joined by several grassy lawns, the Pier 4 beach, and they action-packed Pier 2, which holds five acres of sports courts and a waterfront promenade. The new spaces should open by the end of May, but last week, Open House New York hosted a (rainy) sneak peek tour.
· Behind The Scenes Of Brooklyn Bridge Park's Newest Section [Curbed]
· Brooklyn Bridge Park [official]
· Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates [official]
· Pier 2 [Brooklyn Bridge Park]
· Pier 3 [Brooklyn Bridge Park]
· All Brooklyn Bridge Park coverage [Curbed]