Famed photographer Annie Leibovitz parted ways with her massive West Village compound earlier this year when the former president's niece Lauren Bush Lauren and her Ralph Lauren-progeny husband David Lauren scooped up the trio of townhouses for $28.5 million. According to new real estate blog 6sqft, Leibovitz has "downsized" by shelling out $11.25 million for a three-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom duplex at The Brentmore, a stately Central Park West co-op between 68th and 69th streets best-known for another celebrity resident: Robert de Niro (and his wife). They will quite literally be neighbors; the de Niros also live on the fifth floor. Leibovitz may miss the 10,200 square feet and 13 fireplaces of her old digs, but she'll have to make do with this park views, inlaid hardwood floors, French doors, and attractive central staircasewhich, by the by, she got at a relative discount since the apartment was PriceChoppedits original ask of $14.5M to $12.5M last fall.
· Listing: 88 Central Park West #5N [StreetEasy]
· Annie Liebovitz Purchases Central Park Pad Next Door to Robert De Niro [6sqft]
· Robert De Niro's Neighbor Lists Apartment for $14.5 Million [Curbed]
· All Brentmore coverage [Curbed]
· All Annie Leibovitz coverage [Curbed]