It must be trouble in preppy clothing paradise for C. Wonder founder and ex-husband of Tory Burch, Christopher Burch. NYDN reports that the fashion entrepreneur has slashed the ask of his West Village townhouse at 340 West 12th Street by $7 million, bringing its cost down from $27 million to $16 million over the period of a year. Along with the forlorn sale attempt comes the announcement that C. Wonder, the spin-off fashion brand Mr. Burch started after he and Tory split, will be shuttering. Although the townhouse my seem like a sweet deal, buyers beware: the interior of the home is "completely raw" owing to Burch's nary completed renovation that he began after purchasing the property for $11 million in 2012.
Before Burch, the townhouse belonged to
sketchy philanthropist embezzler Marco Stoffel who lost the home to the state. Third times a charm, right?
· Tory Burch's ex slashes price of Village townhouse by $7M [NYDN]
· Listing: 340 West 12th Street [Elliman]
· Embezzlers West Village Townhouse On the Market For $19M [Curbed]
· All 340 West 12th Street coverage [Curbed]
· All C. Wonder coverage [Racked]