Publishing magnate William Randolph Hearst's real estate legacy may be mired to his sprawling, seaside castle in San Simeon, CA, but his two New York penthousesboth up for grabs this yearare equally impressive; and it seems that, finally, someone agrees. The regal oak-clad Central Park West penthouse that Hearst once called home has been snatched up for $18 million, public records show. The buyer is T-Mobile CEO John Legere.
The penthouse at 91 Central Park West and 69th Street first appeared asking $27.5 million in November 2014, before succumbing to the vicious pricechopper five months later. The penthouse has a wrap-around terrace that overlooks Central Park and a second floor tower library with 14.5-foot ceilings (↑) that features a wet bar and stained glass windows. The intricate glasswork carries throughout the apartment's lower floor, as does the resplendent carved wood decoration.
· Listing: 91 Central Park West [Corcoran]
· William Randolph Hearst's Central Park West PH Asks $27.5M [Curbed]
· William Randolph Hearst's Pretty Park-Facing PH is $5M Less [Curbed]
· William Randolph Hearst's Magnificent Penthouse Finally Sells [Curbed]
· All William Randolph Hearst coverage [Curbed]
· All 91 Central Park West coverage [Curbed]