The garden-level East Village apartment formerly owned by actress and gentrification foe Chloe Sevigny has sold again for $2.1 million, the New York Observer reports. Tech power couple Halle Tecco and Jeffrey Hammerbacher, who listed the apartment at 119 East 10th Street in June, are passing the space on to yet another notable buyer: Shana Randhava, the executive director of the Estee Lauder Companies. Like the neighborhood, the apartment has changed over the last few years; after purchasing the co-op from Sevigny for $1.76 million in 2013, Tecco and Hammerbacher embarked on a nine-month renovation that enlarged the kitchen, converted a hallway closet into a laundry room, and added a new shower to the hallway bathroom.
Sevigny has since moved on to a classic six on Prospect Park that is less "womb-like"a descriptor the actress once used for the East 10th Street digsand less governed by co-op bureaucracy.
· Chloe Sevigny's Former Womb-Like Co-op Sells for $2.2M [NYO]
· Chloe Sevigny's Former East Village Digs Return For $2.2M [Curbed]
· All 119 East 10th Street coverage [Curbed]
· All Chloe Sevigny coverage [Curbed]
· All Celebrity Real Estate coverage [Curbed]