The Astor Place Cubeapparently named Alamohas been missing from its perch at the intersection of Lafayette Street while road work in the area is ongoing, but the cube made a triumphant, if temporary, return on Halloweensort of. Enter this champion of Halloween pictured above, who posed as the cube for what appears to be the better part of the night. Photos posted by EV Grieve and Gothamist via Reddit show the Halloween Hero posing as day becomes night, and appreciative passers-by gawk and giggle. Unlike other activities, this, folks, is Halloween done right.
· The Alamo returns to Astor Place this Halloween [EVG]
· Photos: Astor Place Cube Man Was The Best Costume In NYC [Gothamist]
· See How a Replica of the Astor Place Cube Fooled Everyone [Curbed]
· Here's a Guy Who Claims He Can Live In An 8-Foot Cube [Curbed]
· All Astor Place Cube coverage [Curbed]