The buyers of Lauren Bacall's famed Dakota apartment have finally been outed. The Post reports that the coveted Central Park-facing apartment's new owners are Oaktree Capital managing director Ronald Beck and his wife, Cynthia. The duo snapped the nine-room apartment up in July, after it was listed in mid-November 2014 for $26 million. Bacall spent the last 53 years of her life in the apartmentshe died at the age of 89 in 2014and word has it that the silver screen maven paid between a mere $28,000 and $48,000 for the spread when she landed in the Upper West Side co-op in 1961. Talk about a smart investment.
UPDATE (11/24/15): Bacall's apartment sold for a discounted $21 million, NYO reports.
· Buyers of Lauren Bacall's Upper West Side home revealed [NYP]
· Lauren Bacall's $26M Dakota Apartment Is Officially For Sale [Curbed]
· Lauren Bacall's $23.5M Dakota Apartment Finds a Buyer [Curbed]
· First Look Inside Lauren Bacall's Dakota Apartment of 53 Years [Curbed]
· All Lauren Bacall coverage [Curbed]