There's no doubt that real estate costs are going upin fact, the city's median sales price surpassed $1 million for the first time this yearso as the unwritten rules of real estate would have it, a co-op that sold for $7.45 million in 2013 should command more than that now, right? Not so with the former penthouse of Weeds actress Mary-Louise Parker, a five-bedroom duplex high above Washington Square West. The owners who picked it up from Parker in 2013 just unloaded the place for a mere $6.9 million after listing it for $9 million in January. Why the sellers took a loss on the place is more simple than it is satisfying: they were simply ready to relocate outside of the city, the apartment's broker told the Observer.
· Mary-Louise Parker's Former Penthouse Sells At a Loss [NYO]
· Mary-Louise Parker's Former Apartment Is Back For $9M [Curbed]
· Mary-Louise Parker Sells Village Duplex For $7.45M [Curbed]
· Mary-Louise Parker Lists 10-Room Village Duplex For $7M [Curbed]
· All Mary-Louise Parker coverage [Curbed]
· Celebrity Real Estate archives [Curbed]