All the latest from Curbed Miami...
1) Cuba: Fidel Castro may have great power over Cuba, but that doesn't mean he has great taste. Check out never-before-seen images of his private home, where even the Miami Herald described his living room as "dictator tacky."
2) North Bay Road: Ricky Martin's former North Bay Road home is actually quite fabulously historic, and not just because the silver tongued stud lived there. It was the home of one of Miami Beach's leading families, from which were produced a mayor, the Wolfsonian Museum, a movie theater chain, and the Miami Seaquarium. And it's just really pretty. It's on the market for $21 million.
3) North Beach: Renzo Piano's design for a waterfront condominium tower in North Miami Beach was just approved. The project, which is quite minimal and beautiful, is controversial because of the historic hotel it replaced and a verbal promise the developer made with the city which has not been followed.
4) Star Island: Gloria and Emilio Estefan have listed one of their Star Island properties for $40 million, which, considering neighboring comps, and just common sense, is ridiculously overpriced.
· Curbed Miami [miami.curbed]