Here's another one to add to the list of New York City's absurd building names: Liv@ Murray Park. Yes, with the at symbol, and the awkward spacing. First announced last summer, the Long Island City condo building will feature 39 units across six floors designed by architect Raymond Chan. Above, the latest rendering; a gray facade will hide studio through two-bedroom apartments, some with balconies.
Amenities include a gym, roof deck, and Wi-Fi in common areas. When sales launch this spring with Modern Spaces, the Post reported, asks will begin in the $400,000 range. Move-ins are expected before the end of the year, which means construction will be pretty speedy.
What is this Murray Park, alluded to in the building name? It's a Parks department-run green space that takes up a full square block. It's mostly filled by playground, walking paths, seating, and athletic fields, though, with not that much open grassy space.
· Liv@ Murray Park [Modern Spaces]
· New Six-Story Residential Building Coming to LIC [Curbed]
· A Guide to the Most Absurdly Named Buildings in NYC [Curbed]
· 20 must-know residential developments hitting NYC this season [NYP]
· All Long Island City coverage [Curbed]