Out of the dozens of new developments hitting the market this spring, 520 Park Avenue is without a doubt one of the most anticipated. Even though its $130 million triplex penthouse won't be the most expensive in the citygiven that at least two others are planning to top itthe Robert A.M. Stern-designed limestone tower is coveted because 1) it's RAMSA, 2) there are only 31 units, with the cheapest starting from about $16 million.
And the four units that officially listed today confirm those eye-popping asking prices: $16.6M for a 16th-floor apartment ("simplex"); $26.65 million for a full-floor apartment on the 28th floor ("upper simplex"); $32.6 million for another upper simplex on the 33rd floor; and $70 million for a duplex penthouse on the 40th floor. Welcome to the world we live in.
· Listings: 520 Park Avenue [StreetEasy]
· 520 Park Avenue [official]
· First Look Inside 520 Park, Home of NYC's $130M Apartment [Curbed]
· The Floorplan for 520 Park's $130 Million Triplex, Unveiled [Curbed]
· The Old Upper East Side's New Development Boom, Mapped [Curbed]
· Ranking Robert A.M. Stern's Contributions to the NY Skyline [Curbed]
· The 41 New Developments Hitting The Market This Spring [Curbed]
· All 520 Park Avenue coverage [Curbed]