What is it about the duplex penthouse atop Turtle Bay condo The Alexander, which has gone almost five years without a buyer? It could be the curved walls. Or the white columns. Or the vaguely Miami-ish aesthetic. Or the overkill number of bathroomsnine! But, let's face it, it's probably the price tag. Back in 2010, the five-bedroom apartment optimistically asked $17.25 million. Now the apartment, which comes with a sizable terrace, is on its fourth broker after a laughable number of PriceChops. And now it aspires to be worth $13.995 million, a slight increase from its last go at luring a buyer in 2013. Can it happen?
Just look at this list of broker switches and PriceChops to feel the full weight of this penthouse's plight:
· 250 East 49th Street #PH [Bid on the City via StreetEasy]
· The Alexander Penthouse Gets Another Million Dollar Discount [Curbed]
· The Alexander Cuts Penthouse Price Again, Now Wants $14.9M [Curbed]
· Troubled Turtle Bay Building Spruces Up Its Priciest Listing [Curbed]
· Turtle Bay's Alexander Bounces Back with $17.25M Penthouse [Curbed]
· All 250 East 49th Street coverage [Curbed]