Speaking of listings that cost $35 million or more, Houston Rockets owner Leslie Alexander has put his penthouse at 18 Gramercy Park on the market for $47.5 million. Alexander bought the place less than three years ago for a record-setting $42 million, after the Zeckendorfs and Robert A.M. Stern converted the former hotel. When the apartment sold, only one rendering and a floorplan gave a glimpse of the interior, but the new listing shows the whole 6,300-square-foot, four-terraced duplex, infinity pool and all. The broker tells the Journal that Alexander didn't plan on flipping the apartment but he's barely used it since he travels so much, so he decided to sell. The man likes his blockbuster salesbefore he set the downtown price record here, he set it at Superior Inkbut this sale will not be anything special. It's just a run-of-the-mill crazy expensive Manhattan apartment.
· Listing: 18 Gramercy Park, #PH [Elliman]
· Houston Rockets Owner Leslie Alexander Lists in New York for $49.75 Million [WSJ]
· Houston Rockets Owner is $42M Gramercy Penthouse Buyer [Curbed]
· Someone's Paying $42M for an 18 Gramercy Park Penthouse [Curbed]
· All Leslie Alexander coverage [Curbed]