This week's PriceSpotter property, a 2BR/2.5BA in Staten Island that's just a short walk from the ferry, attracted a lot of lowball answers circa the $400,000s. (As well as comments like "I'd rather live in Newark" or "homestead in Detroit." Ouch.) Anyway, the cheaper guesses either mean a) that commenters are underestimating the extent and magnitude of New York City's real estate price increases, or b) that the apartment is overpriced. Or both. The closest guess was $740,000, just $5K over its actual asking price, made by NYC10001-10305.
The apartment is on the second floor of The Accolade, a new development bursting with amenitiesfrom a dog run to a golf simulatorthat launched sales last year. As mentioned in the comments in an attempt at cheating, there's another apartment on the 8th floor asking $710,000.
· Listing: 90 Bay Street Landing #2M [StreetEasy]
· How Much for a Roomy 2BR Next to the Ferry on Staten Island? [Curbed]
· St. George's Amenity-Laden Accolade Debuts $300K+ Condos [Curbed]
· All Accolade coverage [Curbed]
· Pricespotter archives [Curbed]