Bjarke Ingels is New York's young, hot, in-demand architect du jour. The Danish-born wunderkind is designing (as of last week) 2 World Trade Center; a zany
pyramid tetrahedron of rentals on the West Side; and new condos along the High Line. (And that doesn't even include what he's dreamed up for Google's campus in San Francisco, or other sites around the world.) With all those projects going on, it makes sense that the starchitect, though he previously lived in Tribeca, wants a place to settle down in the city. After all, 2WTC won't even be complete till 2020. So, as first reported by the Daily News, he's opted to pick up "an indulgently decorated duplex" that the broker calls "Dumbo's phenomenal penthouse." The chic 3BR/2.5BA at 205 Water Street, sold by interior designer Athena Calderone and her music producer/DJ husband Victor, was last priced at $3.899 million. It has four private terraces, which Ingels says he's going to use to "see 2 World Trade Center rising on the skyline."
· Listing: 205 Water Street #PHN [Sotheby's via StreetEasy]
· Starchitect Bjarke Ingels plans to watch 2 WTC rise from brand new $4M Dumbo penthouse [NYDN]
· This Indulgently Decorated Duplex in Dumbo Wants $4.3M [Curbed]
· All 205 Water Street coverage [Curbed]
· All Bjarke Ingels coverage [Curbed]