Celebrity super-couple and serial real estate hunters Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick did not do so well with their attempted flip at 20 east 10th Street, a 25-foot wide, 6,800-square-foot townhouse with seven fireplaces. They paid nearly $19 million for the place in 2011, renovated it, and tried to resell it for $25 million a year later (they never lived in it). But they found no takers, and the price was chopped to $22 million, then $19.95 million, before finally entering contract in March. Now the sale has hit public records, and when you factor in renovation costs, it's clear that the A-listers lost several million dollars on the house. It sold for "just" $18.25 million. Better luck next time!
The 90 Biggest Celebrity Real Estate Moves of the Year in NYC
Peek Inside Sarah Jessica Parker's Delightfully Quirky Townhome
Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick Moving to Brooklyn?
Sarah Jessica Parker coverage on Racked.com
· Sarah Jessica Parker Finally Finds Buyer for $20M Greenwich Village Townhouse [NYDN]
· All coverage of 20 East 10th Street [Curbed]
· All coverage of Sarah Jessica Parker [Curbed]
· Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick Re-List $22M House [Curbed]
· Listing: 20 East 10th Street [Streeteasy]