The $28 million listing is still live for the late Joan Rivers's ornate penthouse, but the Post reports that, after 140 days on the market, it has found a buyer. (The deal hasn't gone into contract yet.) But the sad move-out has already wrapped up.
Last Thursday, its final day, art and antiques storage specialists packed and hauled the remainder of what was heading to Christie's and elsewhere. The four-bedroom triplex, dripping with chandeliered bling and covered in gilded ornamentation, landed on the market in February after the untimely passing of the storied comedienne during a routine medical procedure.
More Joan Rivers coverage:
Remembering Joan Rivers's Real Estate Legacy
Joan Rivers's Gilded East Side Penthouse Returns for $28M
Neighbor Accuses Joan Rivers, Condo Board of Discrimination
Joan Rivers Brought a Voodoo Priestess to her UES Condo
Rivers's tenure in the 5,100-square-foot apartmentwhich she described as "Louis XIV meets Fred and Ginger"spanned 25 years, during which she presided over the condo board. What personage could possibly fill her large shoes?
· 1 East 62nd Street #PH [Corcoran via StreetEasy]
· Joan Rivers' NYC triplex will go to a new buyer [NYP]
· Joan Rivers' Gilded East Side Penthouse Returns for $28M [Curbed]
· Remembering Joan Rivers's Real Estate Legacy: Her Palatial Upper East Side Apartment and More [Curbed]
· All Joan Rivers coverage [Curbed]