The Department of Transportation has unveiled the final locations for 39 stations apiece on the Upper West Side (pdf) and the Upper East Side (pdf). The plans are very similar to the ones that were originally proposed, with three stations shifting locations on the Upper West Side, and two more moving locations on the East. This is sure to please no one—residents of the neighborhoods will continue to be upset by the locations of many stations, and serious transportation advocates, like Streetsblog, maintain that the proposed number of stations is not nearly enough.
· DOT Releases Final Citi Bike Plan for the Upper West Side [DNAinfo]
· Citi Bike Unveils New Locations For UWS And UES Stations [Gothamist]
· DOT Finalizes Weak Bike-Share Station Maps for Manhattan Expansion [Streetsblog]
· UWS Citi Bike Stations Not So Uncontroversial After All [Curbed]
· Citi Bike coverage [Curbed]