Commenter 15th Street correctly identified the corner in question as Dekalb Avenue and Rockwell Place in Downtown Brooklyn. When the photo was taken in 1955, Rockwell Place was known as Navy Street and stretched right on up to the Brooklyn Navy Yard. When, exactly, was the street partially renamed? Probably sometime after the Navy Yard closed in 1966, but any tips clarifying that are welcome.
Unlike we previously thought, the parking garage still stands along Dekalb Street, but Rockwell Place no longer runs along its eastern edge. The throughway's been disconnected between Dekalb and Willoughby Street for Long Island University's campus.
· Hint: One Half of This Intersection Has Been Partially Renamed [Curbed]
· Cornerspotter archives [Curbed]